SOUMYA SUBHRA DEY student of VCDPSM(2nd sem) in Arena Animation,Park Street.
What is concept?”
The meaning of “Concept” is a valuable idea or thinking that helps in easy understanding of any topic.
Concepts are defined as ideas or general notions that occur in the mind, in speech, or in thought.
What is design?”
Design, in this context, is the result of a concept. Which is, when a concept is portrayed on a medium, it becomes the off-shoot and can be considered as a design. Its characteristics depend upon the end use and the story or message that it wants to tell.
Conceptual designs help to create a clear user interface which is easy to understand. It helps to describe the roles of different users and their requirements in detail so that the project is better understood from the offset.
Conceptual design is the basic work that most designers do at the early stage of putting some ideas on the drawing board. The designer recalls his experiences and decides the strategies to create the design. But this isn’t the single way to create graphic design concepts that can be applied to all designers. Some designers see an image of design in their mind first. They start with a visual concept.
Facts: The designer would also like to know about the consumer’s needs from the design. To understand what is there in the consumer’s mind, you need to gather facts. You can give a phone call or send emails to the product’s customers.
Types of conceptual design in graphics:
- Visual & Virtual Identity: A brand is a relationship between a business or organization and its audience. A brand identity is how the organization communicates its personality. Visual identity graphic design is exactly visual elements like: Logo, Business card, Social media post design etc.
- Advertising Design: Companies depend on successful marketing efforts to reach their target audience. Great marketing engages people based on the wants, needs, awareness and satisfaction they have about a product, service or brand.
- Print & Publication: Publication design is a classic type of designs. Like- books , comics newspapers, magazine and catalogs.
- Art & Illustration : Graphic art and illustration are often seen as being the same as graphic design, however they are each very different. Designers create compositions to communicate and solve problems, graphic artists and illustrators create artworks. Their art takes several forms, from fine art to decoration to storytelling illustrations.
- Packaging Graphics Design: Most products need some form of packaging to protect and prepare them for distribution, and sale.
- Motion Graphics Design: Basically, motion graphics are graphics that are in motion. This can include animation, audio, typography, imagery, video and other effects that are used in online media, television and film.
- UI/UX Design: A user interface is how to user interacts with a device or application. UI design is the process of designing interfaces to make them easy to use and provide a user-friendly experience.
Graphic design is an ever-growing field. The demand for specialized and skilled designers is on the rise.